Powerful & Comfortable Riding Lawn Mowers or Tractors of 2019 - Ideal for Larger Yard Areas!
Best Riding Lawn Mower
House – this magic word is looked upon as a place where they can stay comfortably in a more relaxed manner. They consider a house with green garden and nice parking area with excellent interiors as heaven. To make heaven stay as such with green everywhere , we need a lawn. To maintain the lawn, we need a lawn mower, since maintaining a big house without helping tools is not possible. So in this riding lawn mower reviews, we have reviewed some of the most popular lawn mowers in US Market and have listed the highlights, pros and cons of each. In our review, we will look upon zero- turn radius mowers and garden tractors. We will also discuss the unique features of these products from popular brands.
People really work hard when it comes to manicure their lawn these days and definitely need to be credited with the best riding lawn mowers. Typically, a majority of the people forgo their walk-behind mower for a riding lawn mower since it enhances the thrilling experience of mowing again and gives them the physical ease to push the machine instead of too much exertion.
Riding lawn mowers are usually found in three categories: zero turning radius (ZTR) lawn mowers, rear engine riding mowers, and tractors (both garden and lawn tractors). Each of these types has their own purposes and features; therefore, you can select the ideal type which works best for you and for your lawn.
Top 9 Riding Lawn Mowers Review 2019
Craftsman T135 Riding Lawn Mower
Ariens IKON-X zero turn mower
Husqvarna YTH24V48 Riding lawn mower
Craftsman T135 gas powered lawn mower is designed with mowing power capable to clean a large yard. It contains 18.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton gas engine with a quick start technology. So all you need is to start the engine and work. There is a very big deck with 46 inches of cutting edges for clipping, cutting and trimming the grass in a single sweep.
There is an attached deck wash to save the time in underside cleaning. There is CVT foot pedal transmission for improved functions. You can mow in reverse direction with this mower and is more maneuver during trouble spots. The seat is adjustable and can be brought in and moved out according to our convenience. The front wheels are 15 inch in diameter and back wheels are 20 inch in diameter. Because of this durability, you house will look clean and perfect always. This Craftsman riding lawn mower is the newest arrival in the industry.
The Ariens IKON X model is a 52-inch zero-turn mower built for residential purposes and is packed with extreme commercial quality. It also delivers foremost performance and power levels when it comes to operating the machine through tough terrains. In terms of engine capabilities, it employs an amazing 11gauge deck which is fabricated with steel and a 23 HP Kawasaki FR V-Twin engine.
This is, in fact, a more robust, sturdy and durable engine being integrated into this model and encourages dynamic performance levels. It’s built with a complete welded frame which is produced out of heavy-duty steel cylindrical composition. Having such a composition would lead to many years of durability and is even packed with three blades which cover a cutting width of 52 inches.
Husqvarna YTH24V48 is a 24 horse power Briggs and Stratton engine lawn mower with excellent features to attract more customers. It has one of the excellent intek V-Twin engine with features like quick start and high performance. Pedal operated hydrostatic transmission helps you to adjust the speed and direction with your foot and your hands need to control only the steering. It has specific cruise control for maintaining constant speed throughout the lawn.
The cutting deck width is 48 inches and there is a control panel with deck engagement to start the mower by the pull of a switch. The mower can turn at narrow spaces and move around the obstacles easily because of its excellent turning radius. Husqvarna Riding lawn mower has air induction mowing technology for maintaining a clean deck with excellent cut of grass. Riding lawn tractors have tow- able accessories and mulch kit.
The Troy Bilt riding lawn mower comes with a 30-inch cutting deck along with a broad size cut walk mechanism in order to enable consumers to move the machine without much physical stress. This model can be effortlessly stored in a shed or garage thus saving large amounts of space in your home. The model is perfect for the regular landowners who live in an average sized landscape home with an equal or flat terrain.
The 382cc OHV engine is engineered to be a powerful, durable component for the unit. In fact, it is built in order to offer clean performance levels and dynamic strength. In terms of fuel tank capacity, it involves a 1.3-gallon tank capacity and a fuel sight indicator window which enables users to view and check the gas levels. The mower comes with a height adjustable fast blade at five different levels and also includes a power take-off feature.
Consumers can expect phenomenal reliability and convenience levels when starting the machine. For additional comfort, the unit integrates a 13-inch soft grip steering wheel and a versatile seat which is can be raised mid-back so that you can enjoy a comfortable mowing experience. The Troy-Bilt delivers a 2-year limited warranty with substantial coverage in order to bring you the durability you deserve.
Troy – Bilt Mustang is a zero-turn mower with premium performance to help your large lawn cleaned in few hours. There is a powerful 25Hp Briggs & Stratton engine with twin cylinders and 54 inch triple blade. Blades have electric power take off and integrated deck wash for easy attachment and adjustment of blade. We can fix the blade at 8 different positions for different needs. For forward speed we can operate it on 7 MPH and for reverse, it is 2.5 MPH along with these, the engine has oil filter, hydro-static transmission.
For smooth ride and comfortable seating, we have dual suspension springs and greased wheels. High seat of 18 inches provides comfortable seating arrangement for all types of mowers. The caster wheels have zero- turn maneuverability and delivers perfect trimming of your lawn. The product has three years of limited warranty. This is one of the electric riding lawn mower available in the market.
Husqvarna MZ61 is one of the best riding lawn mowers has superior performance level with zero-turn mowers. Endurance engine from Briggs & Stratton with standard air filter, air cooling and an outstanding fuel capacity of 5 gallons are present in this mower. There is standard high back seat with arm rests, cup holder, hour meter and spring vinyl seat for complete comfort to the customers. The mowers rotate with hydraulic wheels and provide excellent maneuvering without turning radius. There is a 9 Bushel Collection system for removing and installing things in minutes.
Maintenance is very easy as all the components like filters, oil maintenance, hydraulic components and electrical systems are within reach. It has an adjustable tracking, removable foot pan and cutting deck lift. The 61 inch cutting width and 27 HP power makes your lawn cleaning very smooth and simple. Husqvarna’s comfortable steering wheels make mowing a great pleasure.
The Cub Cadet riding lawn mower is created from industry-leading standards which are expected to present you with remarkable comfort, strong power output, and versatility. It is furnished with a hydrostatic transmission which delivers a sleek, smooth and basic functionality which eradicates the requirement to shift every now and then. You can now simply push the pedal and start mowing. This is fantastic for consumers (especially for old people) since they do not need to take extra efforts when starting the machine.
Moreover, among all best lawn tractors, this model is smartly engineered in order to bring you: a steering wheel with a cushion designed for comfort-grip and for added support, effortless manoeuvring around different obstacles, and an adjustable seating position.
It is one of the best riding lawn tractors in the market. The Poulan Pro riding mower employs a Briggs v-twin pro engine which is operated on 22hp and is ideal for those who live in residential purposes. For this capacity level, consumers can take advantage of a high performing engine which works efficiently with a non-noisy operation on even terrain. The riding mower weighs 430 lbs and is measured by 35.5 x 61.5 x 78 inches. There are few people who tend to have slight concerns when it comes to the weight, however, the unit is powerful and sturdy thus you would not make out the heavyweight since it is comparatively lightweight than most models.
The huge fuel tank capacity which is fixated at the rear end of the mower has a 3.5-gallon fuel capacity. Also, they have positioned it smartly in order to avoid tiredness when refuelling. Lastly, the unit comes with a clear window sight fuel glass indicator so that you can easily read the amount of gas remaining.
By opting for this stunning beast, you can enjoy a greener alternative than the conventional riding lawn mower. Instead of being charged up with the usual gas, it makes use of 100Ah lead acid batteries which deliver 2.5 hours of direct run-time without dying down. It functions really quietly and effuses out 70 dB in order to allow for a silent mowing operation without causing a hindrance to the neighbours.
It even integrates a USB phone charger, LED headlights, and a cruise control specification. You can now achieve an equal, clean cut since it uses a 38-inch 2-blade deck with a manual height adjustment in 12 different positions. It also includes 3 sturdy yet powerful brushless motors which provide amazing performance and power.
The days of depending on the slasher for maintaining our lawn clean and beautiful has gone. The invention of many new machines with the latest technologies helps us to maintain the lawns in an admirable view always.
Troy lawn mowers never go wrong. They are designed with utmost comfort and high efficiency for maintaining good hygienic conditions. It helps you to get rid of the unwanted twigs and grass in the lawn. The control features are well established with guarantee for safety.
Riding lawn mowers come in different types, sizes and shapes. There are basically three types of lawn mowers: They are
- Rear- Engine Mowers and Lawn Tractors
- Zero- Turn- Radius Mowers.
- Garden Tractors.
Troy- Bilt 382 cc mover is powered by OHV engine with automatic choke. The mover can move with a top speed of 4.25 MPH with 6- speed transmission features. The cutting deck is pretty good with 30 inches of length and it has 5 settings. It is one of the best lawn tractors for sale.
You can purchase a riding lawn mower with as little as $150. To make your landscaping work easier, lawn mowers are a good choice. Investing in a lawn mower is one of the best options to take care of your lawn with more peace of mind.
- It saves your valuable time.
- Little physical work and more benefit.
- You can cut grass, plow snow, add seeds, improves the look of the lawn.
- Enjoy the week ends with less mowing and great enjoyment.
- Sit on the seat firmly. There are many lawn mowers that will not start until you are seated perfectly in the machine. You need to engage the parking brake, and then only they will start.
- Apply the brake and hold it in position.
- After holding it in position, you have to engage the brake by pulling it.
- Move the gear to neutral. Some mowers have lever, so you need to move the lever to neutral marked as “N”.
- Find the throttle lever and pull it to the choke position. You can adjust the speed between slow to fast settings.
- Now its time to insert the key into the ignition and start the mower.
- The engine comes to life.
- By moving the throttle to the fast position, your mower is ready to go.
- Change the old fuel. If the gas is present for more than a month in the tank without usage, it is better to change the gas.
- Check the level of oil. Since all riding mowers require oil, check the oil once in a while and replace it if it looks black.
- Clean the spark plugs.
- If the mower is not able to run with its actual speed, check the life of the battery and change it.
- Cleaning the air filter, by washing with warm water and liquid detergent once in a month.
- Since there are chances for old fuel and dirt to block the lines, clear the carburettor and fuel filter.
- Easy deck engagement: if there is an electric push button or a mechanical lever, then it will be very easy to start the blades. Also check for the gauge of steel used for frame design, construction and stamping. If there is zero turn mowers, then it will be more advantageous as it will have more maneuverability and straight mowing experience.
- Bumper: look for machines with bumper, so that your engine will be safe always.
- Hour meter: if there is an hour meter, then it will help you to remind about maintenance. All lawn mowers need a maintenance based on the number of usage hours.
- Gas gauge: if there is a gas gauge, then you can check the fuel level and refill it based on the requirement. If there is no gauge, then there will be difficulties in cleaning your lawn.
- Tire width: if the tire width is more, then the weight of the lawn mower is evenly distributed over a large area. If that is the case, then traction power is more and there will be less stress on the grass. For greater maneuverability and speed, you need good width tyres.
- Engine size: It is better to go for a larger engine capacity. So that in near future, you can use it for removing the snow, add a cart and use it for pulling logs. The ideal size of the engine would be 20- 25 HP.
- Reverse mow option: all the lawn mowers have the reverse mowing option. If the reverse mowing has button system, then it will be easy for you to shift to reverse to continue lawning.
- Engine design: Based on the number of cylinders in the engine, the price tag varies. Low prices models will have single- cylinder engines and mid or high end models will have twin cylinder engines. Twin cylinder engines produce less vibration and greater speed and run on the lawn, so if you are more concerned about sound and vibration, always look for it.
- Transmission type – Hydrostatic , gear or belt.
In a metaphorical sense, if tractors are identified as linemen, then zero turn mowers are known to be the receivers and running backs on the team. These mowers showcase high-performance levels since it zips the entire lawn at a speed of up to 8 mph.
Moreover, their steering system enables consumers to make a complete 360 degree turns with pure ease and no struggle. Since they are built to move quickly and have an upgraded manoeuvrability functionality, these zero turn mowers can help you save time when mowing.
If you are that consumer who wishes to have an easy, relaxing, and soothing mowing experience, then we recommend selecting a rear engine rider model.
This type is known to produce the smallest riding lawn mower out of the entire bunch. In fact, their tiny cutting decks are perfect for lawns with narrow areas such as fence gates. They’re known to be a much cheaper option when compared to zero-turn or tractors mowers, and even tend to take up less space in your shed or garage.
Nevertheless, rear engine riders are considered to be much slower and are not created to pull attachments. If you have land which extends up to more than a 3/4 acre slip, then we suggest you look for another mower.
If you wish to do more than mowing, the garden and lawn tractors present the perfect fit.
These tractors are designed to move like horses all over your yard and even haul weighty attachments. Being arrayed with powerful engines, they have the potential and strength to carry out huge tasks and jobs.
These mowers appear to be like the linemen on a football team. They are hefty and strong but not agile or quick when it comes to movement. If you wish to seek higher speeds on your lawn which happens to have a lot of obstacles then these tractors aren’t the right choice for you.
- Collection or bagging enables clean outcomes and saves a lot of time thus eradicates the need to take clippings after the cutting process is finished cutting.
- Mulching is ideal if you wish to mow often and aim to have a beautiful lawn.
- Side discharge is perfect when dealing with wider, taller, coarser grass types along with rarely cut lawns.
A riding lawn mower which has an inbuilt hydrostatic transmission is great to operate with than with a lawn tractor which makes use of manual transmission. The issue with manual transmission is that you need to stop the tractor every time when you start to change gears. The hydrostatic transmission, on the other hand, provides smooth adjustment when driving.
There are usually two different hydrostatic transmission ideals. For optimal comfort, pick a mower with a transmission which is pedal-operated wherein having individual pedals help to control both direction and speed for forward and reverse action. The other alternative is to pick the hydrostat which is lever-operated. The lever is fixated on the fender and is effortless to achieve access from the driver’s seat itself.
You can choose a mower which matches your needs and is perfect to cut through your lawn. All you need to do is to identify your needs and budget levels wherein this can help you narrow down your options and choose the ideal riding lawn mower.